Z. Kelly Queijo, founder of Smart College Visit, Inc. and publisher of SmartCollegeVisit.com, will discuss how to plan an effective and economical college visit for college bound high school students on the March 15, 2011 #CollegeChat on Twitter at 9 p.m. Eastern.
During #CollegeChat, Queijo (http://twitter.com/#!/collegevisit) will discuss with attendees:
- When should high school students ideally begin their college visits
- When is the best time to visit a college
- Where can parents find the best deals on travel for college visits
- How do you go beyond the official college tour
- What is the 2-2-2 rule and why is it important
- Are overnight visits on campus just for accepted students and how do you arrange
- If the school you want to visit is too expensive to travel to what other options do you have to “visit”
- How much credibility should you give the “official college led tour”
Queijo is a working-writer-turned-entrepreneur, recovering helicopter parent, and higher-ed marketing and public relations professional. She has taken her 16 years of experience working in, or with, college and universities and focused her attention on helping families navigate the fascinating journey of the college-bound. Queijo is also the host of #CampusChat, a Twitter chat on all things college: campus visits, college admissions and college life.
#CollegeChat is a live bi-monthly conversation intended for teens, college students, parents, and higher education experts on Twitter. #CollegeChat takes place on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. Pacific/ 9 p.m. Eastern. Questions for each #CollegeChat edition can be sent to Theresa Smith, the moderator of #CollegeChat via http://Twitter.com/collegechat , by entering questions online on the CollegeChat Facebook page at http://ht.ly/1XIqV , or by email. More detailed information about signing up for Twitter and participating in #Collegechat can be found at http://pathwaypr.com/how-to-participate-in-a-twitter-chat .CollegeChat can also be found on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/collegechat .